Friday, March 9, 2012

The Sneak


Dear All,

I am trying to keep my promises to post more often so here is a cat I did a while ago. I like this particularly because of the finish on it which makes it look like old copper. The piece is about 6 inches tall and about a foot long counting the base. It is fired clay painted to look like the oxidized copper. It has been shown in a couple of big shows and has won prizes in both.

The base wood is hand finished with hand rubbed oils and is almost an artwork itself. Made by my art friend, Kathy.

This is one of my more favorite pieces as I think it captures the essence of the stalking cat and it has some nice decorative values to it.

It's for sale too, if you know anybody who needs a cat to decorate their place.

I have lots more to show you so keep tuned and I promise to keep up the contacts. If you are tired of receiving these as emails, let me know as I have others who would like to be on the list and I am limited in how many I can send to directly.

Have a great spring. We already have mounds of prairie verbena covering our place. Of course, that's because we have no grass after last year's drought. We'll take the verbena.

No comments: