Friday, July 18, 2008

The Window in the Chisos

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get more paintings on the blog as soon as I can. I still have to create a file of just the paintings, which are numerous, but in the meantime I thought I would add this piece from a trip to Big Bend two years ago. Again this was done plein air, which means out in the open, on location. Two of my art friends, Peggy Thompson and Irena Taylor, and I went out to the national park for a few days of intense painting. We stayed in the Basin at the Lodge, an incredibly beautiful place, and did day trips around the park to paint. It certainly was not hard to find painting locales. Everywhere one turned was a different gasp-worthy view.


My next post, hopefully, will have some of the animal paintings I have done. Dogs, cats and horses. Did you know that I have two covers on the Chronicle of the Horse magazine? Hmm. It's been a while. I should submit something new one of these days.


Happy painting!

Jay

4 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

I'm so glad we'll be getting to see more of your paintings, Jay. Congratulations on getting your blog off the ground and flying!

marge said...

Hi Jay and congratulations on your new blog and on your paintings! My husband Fred and I are friends of Jacqui and Ernie. I paint in acrylics and watercolor and you may just have inspired me to start an art blog.
I look forward to seeing more of your work. Best, Marge Bennett

Sarah said...

Looks great so far. Get that website up so people can start buying your paintings online!

Sandy said...

Hi Jay,
This is so exciting to see your blog and see what you are up to!
It will be great to see your paintings, and hear of your adventures with friends and DOGS!
Yes - you need to include dog stuff too - as they are as much a part of your life as painting!
You can mention Steve once in awhile too!