Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spring in Brush Country


Hey all,
I have been a little slow to get something new on the blog lately so I thought I'd show this old piece which is another dragged from the "fix" bin. I've had so much fun with what's come out of that box that I find myself leafing through it weekly. Most of them don't need much to make them more finished and I am tickled that with passing time, I've learned to see the problems and be able to address them so easily. Time matures the artist?
This is another plein air piece, done several years ago, in the early spring on a ranch way south of San Antonio. It needed only a little addition to the vegetation and some darks in very small places to bring it up to par.
I hope you enjoy it.
Jay

1 comment:

Barbara Pask said...

Hi , First time to visit your blog. I enjoyed looking around, your work is wonderful. Love all the color and softness I see.