Monday, March 23, 2009

Out of My Element-Snow!

Faithful Readers,

Here's something I didn't think I'd ever do--a snow scene. But my friend Sally sent me a fantastic picture of the valley in front of her house in Virginia this winter. Plainly they had way too much snow. It was just too beautiful a view not to paint so here it is. Sally will note that I eliminated a few buildings in the distance and shuffled a couple of trees and shrubs, but I don't think that matters. The rest of us don't care.

I am just off a three day workshop with Vie Dunn-Har, who does rampant vibrant florals and was gracious enough to let me apply some of her techniques to animals. I feel a wave of new ideas coming on. I'll post the two results of the workshop as soon as I get them photoed. I am anxious to hear how you like these new things as I am thinking of a dozen ways to put my new knowledge to work in my own way. Stay tuned.

Jay

2 comments:

Johnny and Kelly said...

Hi, always nice to find another Lauver out there... especially one so talented. Your work is beautiful.

John Lauver III

Jay Lauver said...

Mr. Lauver,
Thanks for you kind words about my work. As you are obviously aware, our last name is not common, so we are always interested in who might be related to whom. My hubby, the source of my last name, came from southern Ohio and had Mennonite ancestors from Pennsylvania. Anything like that in your background?
Jay